if only one could experience the fellatio equivalent of quake.
if only someone would help me construct my latex shambler (im aware the teeth are sharp, but thats part of the fun)
haha morfans :) thanks!
Ah, perfect... i've played this map while drinking an iced coffe, double pleasure =).
Very good map in all aspects.
I'm going now to investigate it more slowly, i only got 4 out of 9 secrets, this can't be, i'm losing my faculties :).
Good work man!
Add Me To The Fan List
Great gameplay and atmosphere, due to texture choices in the same vein as "Contract Revoked" and that's a good vein ...
Fun secrets (7 out of 9 found) and yes, I missed the SNG too and had to make it to the end with my shells, NG and grenade launcher.
Very nice challenge on Medium with the end somewhat surprisingly easy (due to cover from the vores).
Only niggle would be the spike shooter room (I really hate those) which at least I had to pass three times.
Overall a killer map, strongly recommended.
Glassman is next, right ?
/me initiates starting sequence on ye old steam modem ...
thanks for the comments again! :)
fek, everyone says that the end was easy! :) what should i add there 4 vores? 105 spawns? WHAT? :)
could actually be cool. i don't see vores used often for end battles, almost always shamblers, or fiends+shamblers, or lots of fiends
fighting four vores with no cover would be amazing! probably would need a little more space to move though, than what is there already though.
you could have sealed have the last room so you couldnt run out to avoid the vore balls. And yeah, 4 vores would have been cool.
Play It On Hard
And chuck them grenades! W000T! Diggin the map, V-duder -- it's like Heretic on steroids, but with way better lighting.
Nastrond @ SDA
The map has been added to the mighty SDA archives. Expect some demos on it soon-ish.
Best For Years
Title says it all: layout, textures, gameplay. Just like the old days only better. Well done and congratulations. It took me ages to complete (I'm still a keyboard player) and somewhere I lost 2 monsters. But superb all round.
Excellent stuff, a pleasure to play. Some excellent gameplay situations/battles. And it looked very nice of course. I liked how you had to look a bit harder to find somethings things.
There were a couple of torches that seemed to be misplaced, they were quite a distance away from the wall, and seemed to be not in the intended possition (off center), apart from that, the odd Ogre that was to far away to do you any harm,(his attacks falling just short, and dropping down in to the lava below) so you could just sit there and pick him off without any fear, before proceeding. Nothing major though.
Thanks for the experience.
misyu's comment in glasmman's thread got me thinking. Now this is not directed at the quality of your mapping, but your 'blocky' style (to term it loosely) is very unique and evident in all your maps. Have you ever tried or thinking of doing a map with a different visual approach? I think it could turn out very interesting.
I wonder if we would have ever seen the "Mona Lisa", if a similar thing had been suggested to Leonardo Da Vinci..................
Just a thought
but that's assuming that whatever else he would have put out wouldnt have been as great.
yeah, i was thinking about that. i wanted to make something different all the time ;)
Nastrond At SDA...
...why?? The speedrunning potential is total suck. Run (long and boring) to GL, run back (long and boring) to GJ to gold key, run (less long but still boring) to exit and GJ.
Why the hell did RPG and I have to hassle you to add Could which has obviously good potential, and yet you add Nastrond straight away which has obviously bad potential?? With all due respect sometimes you lot seem like, well, idiots.
Several reasons including, but not limited to...
* You didn't have to hassle us. You chose to. You could have just suggested it once. And even that would have been unnecessary as we had every intention of adding it. I told you as much on the messageboard. Paraphrased ICQ conversation...
"Shall we add could?"
"I'm too busy now."
"I was going to add some maps next week, lets do it then."
* Nastrond is fun to do demos on. Maybe not so much to watch, but fun to do.
* Paraphrased ICQ conversation from yesterday...
"Shall we add Nastrond?"
"I can add it to the tables right now."
"I'm writing an update at the moment. I'll mention it."
* SDA moves in mysterious ways, it's wonders to perform.
* Before we add ANY map I always sacrifice a ram to Bel and read the auguries. When I performed the rite for could.bsp there was a dark streak across it's liver, and I think we all know what that means.... Hardly auspicious! :-) The gods were clearly signalling that we should delay. I dropped the intestines and they landed in 12 loops, thus we delayed adding it for 12 days.
* We thought you were being ironic. When you demanded that we add it immediately we assumed that you were using your legendary humour to indicate to us that in fact you'd rather we DIDN'T add it. Boy did we feel silly when we realised.
* We were waiting for you to send us a demo so that we could post it at the same time as we added the map.
* My wife tells me that dinner's ready. Shame, I was just getting in to this. I "could" (LOL! Now _that's_ funny!) have carried on all night.
If you require further clarification I will be happy to oblige. Also, note how I wrote this whole reply without insulting anyone or finding the need to call them a spiteful, childish name. ;-)
"and yet you add Nastrond straight away which has obviously bad potential?? With all due respect sometimes you lot seem like, well, idiots."
Bad potential? Obviously YOU'RE the idiot!!
....prove me wrong fat boy. If there is a new exciting route I didn't see I will be genuinely entertained to see it.
P.S. Morfans is that multiple choice?? Any prizes for the correct guess??
I Am Bored.
sda > shambler.
plus morfans and stubby are funniier than you too.
possibly in the style of a 19th or early 20th century carnival:
Russian mappers and their many admirers are asked to kindly direct their attention to a review of the aforementioned map, "Nastrond".
BTW For The Ending
4 vores and 2 fiends.
and some nails. :)