News | Forum | People | FAQ | Links | Search | Register | Log in
Slave Zero X: Episode Enyo By Poppy Works And Ironwood Software
As no one else seems to be acknowledging it, I'd like to bring attention to the exceptional total conversion: Slave Zero X: Episode Enyo developed by Poppy Works and Ironwood Software. This mod is truly outstanding, and I wholeheartedly recommend checking it out, along with this interview.
Wow! 
This is cyberpunk Quake. reminds me the old Oni game in some ways. 

Yes, it's a great mod! 
Yeah Wow! 
It's so well made and polished. Hard to believe it's Quake, besides some known sounds and mechanics. Great work, really. Love the music too. I want some on those weapons in vanilla Q to kick some old butts! Might be a preview for a larger SZX release, mmmh ? Anyway, congrats and many thanks for this iconic and generous release (OST included), open source versions of Q compatible (playing it flawlessky on Mac with QS 0.96.1). - 11/10. 
Excellent Mod 
This is an excellent modification. The new weapons are great without being too different to the quake weapons they replace. I liked the handgun which is a good weapon with rapid firing and is my weapon of choice for long-range sniping. The shotgun gibs less powerful enemies into recognisable body parts.

The levels are nicely architected brutalist, decaying, grubby urban landscapes. The plentiful graffiti was a nice touch. 

A machine gun in Quake is pretty different to me. It isn't as effective as the nailgun at range either. Melee is also usable now! 
You must be logged in to post in this thread.
Website copyright © 2002-2024 John Fitzgibbons. All posts are copyright their respective authors.