|Posted by Baker on 2016/11/19 04:53:11|
* Nehahra support -- better and deeper link
* Mirror support, "mirror_" textures. video
* Quaddicted install via console (i.e. "install travail")
* Full external texture support DP naming convention
* Enhanced dev tools texturepointer video inspector video
* IPv6 support, enhanced server capabilities
* Enhance co-operative play (excels at this!)
* Software renderer version (WinQuake)
* "Find" information command (ex. type "find sky")
Thanks to the beta testers! NightFright, fifth, spy, gunter, pulsar, johnny law, dwere, qmaster, mfx, icaro, kinn, adib, onetruepurple, railmccoy
And thanks to the other developers who actively provided advice or assistance: Spike (!), mh, ericw, metlslime and the sw guys: mankrip and qbism.
/Mac version is not current yet ...; Linux will happen sometime in 2017
Mark V - Version 1.99 - Revision 2 (Stable?)
Download: Windows - Direct X | WinQuake
1) Eliminating a config reading issue (johnnylaw)
2) Must add -joystick to command line to enable Xbox controller support
The adding -joystick to avoid false axis interaction with non-Xbox controllers. Some time in the future, I'll extend the implementation of controller support to an SDL2 level where it detects and remaps a quantity of known controllers.
Alternate extra builds which are provided for experimentation purposes or have been specifically requested: Extra builds
Video config stuff looks good. Will do install tests later.
Mark V Page Updated To Latest Version
Updated the downloads/installer on:
Empty queue of existing issues, I think this build classifies as "rock solid".
(Always more features to do ...)
Congratulations! I've just been playing Quoth on a laptop at 4k. A bit choppy here and there but it's an Intel HD 5500 so I don't think it's 1099. Glad you updated the website. I was going to nudge you a bit on that!
Now I can do that video!
How is the default contrast value of 2 looking for people? It seemed ok running in a Windows VM on my Macbook, but on my desktop I had to crank it down to a value of 1.
My mistake, it was also 1 in the VM too. Not sure how that happened since 2 is the default; maybe the previous build had a different default?
The contrast default wasn't supposed to be changed. I may have been comparing different values between the hardware and software renderers.
AD 1.71 Compatibility
So is this build now fully capable of running latest version of Arcane Dimensions or some limits still need to be raised?
I was able to play Sepulcher on the first build of 1099. I have not attempted Ter Sheboleth yet. That would be the real ball buster, even compared to Sepulcher.
@NightFright/dumptruck_ds ... Loads Sepulcher and every dm4jam map.
Didn't feel like posting a technical post ... but ...
Eventually I will implement a big coordinates protocol (for maps like Ter Shobelth) like FTE-999, which takes the weaknesses of protocol 999 and fixes them.
I wouldn't be able to implement the very flawed and incomplete protocol 999, which cannot do co-operative play at all, because it would gross me out too much and I'd feel like vomiting.
Co-operative play is important. Any "big coordinates" protocol must be one that do co-operative play. And 999 sure cannot, but FTE999 sure can.
A large maps protocol like FTE-999 is on the to-do list. A 2019 item. But I also want prediction, framerate independence and something else I want which is boring and technical.
/End snooze fest technical post
Rephrase About 999
If you do a co-operative game, do you want to ...
1) Be killed by invisible monsters?
2) Be killed by vore balls you can't see?
That is what broken protocol 999 will offer you in co-operative play.
It also has "scale", which doesn't work on 2/3 of entity types (.bsp, sprites) and also doesn't work right on the other 1/3 of entities (.mdl) and would result in Ogre feet in the floor and bad collision.
So it is just loaded to brim with the brokesters upon more brokesters.
Wanting large-coordinates is a valid thing!
And those needs will be met in the future, but more in a FTE-999 manner that doesn't offer invisible monsters and being killed by vore-balls you cannot see.
I'll go through and retest everything I've reported in the past....
First thing I checked: Looks like unpacked pak files now work.
Hey, Proquake 4.93 seems to have nicely-populated server browser (finds 36 servers).... Mark V only shows like 5 servers. How about reading Proquake's protocol to help populate your server list?
lenovo e480 win10-64
intel uhd 620 latest drivers
dxdiag seems good, still no dx seems to be present, all versions of dx-mark5 prompt an error, even older ones from 2016.
Good news is the last gcc version does run fine, nno errors seen while playing +5hrs.
Older versions/Win7 does work all of time by now.
Tested 1.99 on various hardware btw, all fine.
all versions of dx-mark5 prompt an error
You know, I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, HATE it when people do this.
At least you could say what the error message was.
Those things don't exist for bamboozlement or amusement, you know. They exist to provide useful information on how the error might be fixed. Saying what the error message was can enable people to say things like "ah, you got that error message, that's caused by situations A, B, C, and to fix it all you need to do is X, Y, Z"
Thx, that download helped, works now.
I won't really be testing the SDL version... (it likes to freeze up or crash on me), but I will point out that it appears to be printing bronze text where it should be printing white text (like for player names and the FPS digits).
I don't want to be the bearer of bad news... but the "QMB_BLOOD 0" bug is still there :P
if you set "QMB_ACTIVE 1" and then "QMB_BLOOD 0" to deactivate the QMB blood, it doesn't work, the command only mix qmb_blood with red particles :/
I'm using a clean install and testing lots of old things. I find that a lot of my suggestions have indeed been implemented. Excellent.
Here are some initial issues:
- Using Shader Gamma (the default), switching to any full screen mode that is not at my netbook's native resolution of 1024x600 causes Hardware Gamma to be used. It still says Shader Gamma in the settings, but it's definitely Hardware Gamma - everything gets darker and my desktop gamma is altered. Switching back and forth to full screen 1024x600 from a windowed mode does not cause the issue, and Shader Gamma stays in effect.
- I'm seeing something new: CDAudio: drive ready test - get status failed
Oh, I guess that's because the "External Music" is ON by default.
Ah, the error message does not appear if I disable external music, or if I actually have the music tracks in place... AS OGGs RENAMED TO MP3!!! because you won't allow OGG to be detected by Mark V.... PLEEEEEEEASE do this! I and others prefer to use OGG, and for me it addresses the issue with MP3 freezing up my game for unreasonable amounts of time as the MP3 song loads.... I'm sorry an OGG file killed your dog and burned down your house when you were a kid, but it's time to let it go, man!
- The mouse sensitivity slider now goes to 21, though that's right at the value I feel is good, around 20, so that doesn't leave much range for increasing it any more. The slider should probably go higher to account for users who might like it a bit more sensitive. I'd suggest at least 30 or so.
- Hm, pressing CTRL when the console is down (for ctrl+v) causes me to fire my gun.... Should that happen? I mean, I know it should fire my gun, but not when the console is down. ALT also has this behavior (I tried binding ALT to +jump to test it). Be sure you're in a multiplayer game when you test this, as the console fully pauses a Single Player game.
- Old issue that really needs addressed: the Multiplayer Setup menu, when you are changing your name, the name should not be committed until you are fully done changing it. It's like, for every letter you delete or add, it's doing a complete "name" command (which, among other problems it gives me, spams the console with name change messages).
- Speaking of old issues, r_noshadow_list contains bolt1.mdl which does not exists in Quake.... It's just... not... right!
- Known rendering issues: water surface is drawn on top of shadows, teleporter surfaces are drawn on top of water when viewed through transparent water (see #142 #147). And r_shadows 3 are visible through entities. Fullbright textures can't be transparent, and are made ugly by Contrast adjustment. (I know: all known issues -- I'm just noting that they still exist).
- chase_mode - I know it's an experimental feature, but it should really behave like other console variables. It's confusing because just inputting "chase_mode" causes it to cycle to the next mode instead of reporting the current mode. "inc chase_mode" should be the correct way to do that (though it wouldn't wrap back to 0 after... whatever the max value is).
(I've got a much larger list of preferences/defaults/suggestions I'm working on)
"MWHEELDOWN" In Customize Controls
I was running 1099 and found out in the "customize controls" menu, that "mwheeldown" binding doesn't display in the menu.
I have "mouse wheel down" bound for "next weapon" and it does allow me to bind it just fine, but the menu still displays it as ???, as if nothing wasn't bound (or if I have an additional alternate binding, it only displays it. Both bindings still work).
Anyone else have this problem?
Well, thanks gunter/mfx/tribal/esrael/jl for the polishing tweaks I need to do! Much appreciated!
I guess going into hibernation mode will have to wait a bit!
But also why I did the (Stable?), thanks for the quality testing guys!!
@Tribal: yeah, I lost the stamina to do it. I hear you and it is important. Can't promise I'll do it immediately, I'm tapped out a bit. But I do appreciate your testing.
"r_noshadow_list contains bolt1.mdl doesn't exist in Quake"
maybe it exists in hipnotic, rogue, zerstorer or something like that. metlslime put in FitzQuake 0.85 for a reason, but I don't claim to know what single player it is intended for.
I don't know. It's your computer. I assure you if says "shader gamma", it's using shader gamma.
I'm still rooting for you to spill coffee on your computer, haha. I suggest creating an incident at Starbucks!
ProQuake server list
Dunno. I'll think about it for a Christmas-time release. I want to tune up anything small and take a break. I'm running on empty.
Hm, pressing CTRL when the console is down (for ctrl+v) causes me to fire my gun.. (must be connected to a multiplayer game)
Wow, that's interesting. It sure does! I was going to post "cannot reproduce" and then re-read about connecting to a multiplayer game so I connected to shmack and tried, and yes.
You must be logged in to post in this thread.
Website copyright © 2002-2022 John Fitzgibbons. All posts are copyright their respective authors.