News | Forum | People | FAQ | Links | Search | Register | Log in
Q2SP Episode: Roots
Roots is a single-player campaign for Quake2. It consists of 10 maps combined into an episode.

Screenshots & Download
Thank You Vicpas 
Great to see some love for Quake2 as well. Do you recommend a specific port? Did you use some custom textures? I would love to see some non-base maps for Quake2.
Anyway thanks for sharing your work! 
Good To See 
more Quake 2 maps and good looking ones to booth, but unfortunately i donĀ“t think i will have time to play them soon.

You could try and advertise it too at http://leray.proboards.com/ It is the main place for Quake 2 mapping. 
Looks Great 
This looks really good.

And recently I noticed Q2Pro is being updated again after five long years.

http://skuller.net/q2pro/nightly/ 
Great To See Q2sp Lives 
Amazing to see q2 isnt a dead game, between you and :3 you are keeping it alive. Thank you! Just checked this out and it looks a very well made episode.
stuck at the point where there is a big drop in what looks like an elevator shaft on the second map and not sure where to go. 
Figured It Out, For Anyone Else Stuck On This 
*stuck at the point where there is a big drop in what looks like an elevator shaft on the second map and not sure where to go.*

the texture on one of the walls of the elevator shaft is actually climable. not a good design choice, could have communicated this to the player with a simple ladder. otherwise great effort on this project 
Calm Down Guys, It's Still Dead 
the mod is almost 20 years old 
Stuck After Boss Fight 
After I defeated the Makron in that strange alien chamber I can't proceed. The big teleporter portal is still inactive. I pressed both buttons at the side of it, but it seemingly has no effect. Anyone can help?

A very interesting Quake II unit btw. The custom textures work well and there are some interesting and diverse locations. I really don't think it's 20 years old, because the level geometry is way too detailed for a late 1990s custom map. Also a level set like this would have caused a stir in 1998. Anyone has some info about the author? 
1 post not shown on this page because it was spam
Post A Reply:
Name:
Title:
Body:
exclamation
idea
flame
noflame
error
skull
beer
moon
pent
rocket
sheep
pacman
pig
cheese
worldcraft
gauntlet
crate
pitfall
pimp
smile
cool
sad
frown
oi
yay
tongue
evil
wink
neutral
q1
q2
q3
ut
hl
cs
doom
dkt
serious
cube
Website copyright © 2002-2018 John Fitzgibbons. All posts are copyright their respective authors.