I played your unit Quakeulf, and i provide some demos. I recorded them in theoriginal engine, just in case there is some issues with protocols like in Quake, but unfortunately i have not recorded one for your third map and part of the second, and i lost the saves for replaying it. The order goes 1-1b-2-2b-1c-2c-missing one-1d, but you'll probably want to miss the first one after i begin search for the blue key, it took me around 20 minutes to figure it out and i stop recording till i found the way, but even with that, there is a lot o boring searching in the first demo.
About the unit itself, it is very good, fun and well done. The layout is interesting, has a good reuse of areas, the lighting is very good and atmospheric, the combats well planned for most of it, well hidden and with adequate rewards secrets, good placing and choice of ammo, and the rotating part awesome and well planned.
About the more negative part:
- It is not clear where to go sometimes.
- First map: is it possible to get out of the last pond of water? I couldn't find the way. The idea or the button for the blue key is good, but no one would expect it to be where you put it. A better idea would be for it to be a button near the door on the inside.
- On the second: it is nice the first time one drops to the water that it send the player to different area and can go back through the first map, but for accidental falls, that can be frustrating.
- Overall, the third map looks like you wanted to end it soon or it lacks playtesting, as it has more flaws than the rest.
- The bosses are badly placed. It is easy to abuse that, and the worst case with the tank_boss, that never tried to even shot me, because my higher position stopped him from doing so. The flyer one could go with some minions like in the original Id level.
- If the Railgun wasn't in an early secret, then you gave too much ammo before reaching it. I saw around 13 slugs packs when i took it.
- I could snipe without retaliation in several encounters, using the blaster, till i could find the RL and RG for that. It is a bit of a pity.
- Near the end of the third, when the 3 tank are waiting for the player, i took them out from their backs without the others noticing at all.
- I would have liked to see more of the other power-ups this game offers, like the suits for slime and underwater-diving, or armour shards.
- After the rotating part, it would be better if the tank would awake after the player lands on the ground.
- The mutants where nonthreatening where they were placed, for most of the time, and just a waste of ammo. Would be better to put them in the closets that close behind the player or in other panic situation.
I hope i see your next unit soon.