Flagged the spam but one contained a very nice compliment which i will past here:
I feel like all your ideas are incredible!
I Feel Like The Return Of Baker Is Much Needed.
Is there a way to increase the music volume? The cd music volume doesn't change the external mp3 file music volume.
PS: Love the engine, its the only one I have been able to find that lets me play the game like its meant to look at 320x240 with external music.
Since the resurrection bug returned to Ne_Ruins for some reason, I guess I will test all the addons again which I had reported in the past to see what happened to them. I know that the "view warping" bug at the end of Malice had never been fully addressed, too.
Malice And Ne_Ruins
Ok, my first check with latest DX9 build revealed that Malice and Altar of Storms are still not running flawlessly.
1) In "Showdown!" (d15), the FOV warping issue during the boss fight is still there and occurs when saving and loading after being pulled towards the boss at least once. It can be kinda fixed if you get hit by the same attack again afterwards, but that isn't a satisfying solution, ofc.
2) During the boss fight I had a random crash to console with the message "Host_Error: SOLID_BSP with a non bsp model", but couldn't reproduce it.
3) Statusbar remains active during cutscenes (not so severe)
1) Requires -heapsize 512000 on startup (crash when leaving start map otherwise). This shouldn't be necessary in a modern port IMHO.
2) Winged succubus resurrection crash (incorrect handling of entities with alpha=0) is definitely back, as annoying as ever.
3) "impulse12" crash when switching between Super Shotgun and Quad Super Shotgun with MWHEELDOWN is also definitely back. I see that the game uses two variables for this, sv_gameplayfix_no_impulse12_override (set to "1") and sv_gameplayfix_no_impulse12_exceptions ("ne_ruins"). If you change the first one to 0, the crash does not happen any more, but this is just a workaround and needs to be addressed.
Xmas Jam 2018
"Chapel Perilous" (xmasjam2018_sham) crashes when exiting the level since it expects Start.map (capital S) instead of start.map. This is something that can be fixed by changing the map, but maybe Mark V should be more tolerant with such things, unless there's a good reason for it being the way it is.
Later on, I will take a look at the problems I had reported for Nehahra, Rapture, RRP, Shrak and Soul of Evil again to see if any other fixed problem returned.
WinQuake Version Crashes On Launch
Whenever I launch the WinQuake version, it immediately crashes and the qconsole log doesn't tell me anything important. I've even removed the config files and the engine still crashes. Any idea what's going on?
Good news: No other addon that I had previously tested for Mark V shows any of the bugs that were addressed. Thank God.
Bad news: Malice and Ne_Ruins. See above.
Hardcoded ALT-M Mute
I'd be delighted if there weren't hardcoded binds. This is currently messing up my gaming overlay/recording software binds that I have gotten very used to.
No Music On Mark V Linux?
I tried to load mp3 music on Fitzquake Mark V on Linux but it doesn't seem to load at all. I put them on the music folder and named the tracks appropriately. I also tried to use the external_music command on console but such a command doesn't exist at all. How can I have music on Fitzquake on Linux? Quakespasm has it, why doesn't Fitzquake Mark V?